Plastics and packaging waste is the environmental issue of the moment. Smithers provide a range of services to help companies reduce their environmental impact and improve the sustainability of their products, packaging and processes.
From material testing and analysis to consultative guidance for implementing sustainable initiatives, our experts provide comprehensive support for companies looking to reduce the environmental impact of their packaging.
We can provide analytical and testing support for companies looking to switch to more environmentally-friendly materials without compromising on performance or safety, along with consultative guidance on implementing effective sustainability initiatives.
We can help you with:
- Material characterisation: analyse the composition of biopolymers or recycled plastics
- Physical testing: comparative testing of the physical properties of material substitutes
- Food Contact suitability: migration testing and contaminant identification
- Packaging lightweighting: optimisation of secondary packaging
- Achieving 'just right' packaging: reducing packaging size and optimising filler - eliminating empty waste and the need for over boxes
- Gap analysis: assessment and identification of sustainability opportunities