We help clients by performing testing to demonstrate conformance with the standards and compatibility with the appropriate accessories and fittings. We can also perform testing to demonstrate non-interconnectable characteristics of connectors intended for different applications.
Connector types tested include:
- Breathing systems and driving gases
- Enteral applications
- Urethral and urinary applications
- Limb cuff inflation
- Neuraxial applications
- Intravascular and hypodermic applications
General requirements for small bore connectors
- Fluid leakage test method by pressure decay
- Falling drop positive pressure liquid leakage
- Stress cracking
- Resistance to separation from axial load
- Resistance to separation from unscrewing
- Resistance to overriding
- Disconnection by unscrewing
Testing can be performed as part of product development testing or to show conformance with appropriate standard requirements and/or demonstrate that the functional performance of the product satisfies specific design requirements.
Expert support with small bore connectors
- Smithers Pira has extensive experience supporting clients with characterisation and verification tests
- We also develop and validate bespoke tests, which are subsequently used to provide evidence for regulatory submissions.
- Our experts provide guidance and support throughout the process ensuring clients have confidence in their product and its eventual use.
Contact us for advice, information or a quote by clicking on the featured expert