Food Contact Testing
The Food Contact team have expert knowledge of regulatory requirements around the world. We offer a comprehensive range of migration testing and consultancy to help you demonstrate regulatory compliance or register new food contact substances. We also provide expert analytical testing and investigation to solve problems associated with contaminants, taints, packaging performance and other issues.
Our experts can also provide an independent opinion to assist in the resolution of packaging related disputes and provide an expert witness service.
Food packaging legislation is complex with important differences between geographical regions. Smithers Pira has over 30 years' experience helping clients comply with legislation around the globe. We can provide advice and training to help you understand what you need to do and support you with testing and technical consultancy to guide you through the steps required ensuring compliance.
Smithers Pira can help your organisation:
Comply with Food Contact legislation in all the jurisdictions where it exists; namely the EU, individual European countries, the USA, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, China, South East Asia, India and Israel.
- Register new Food Contact substances to enable their legal use in Europe and the USA.
- Produce and use recycled materials for Food Contact applications.
- Identity the chemicals responsible for packaging taint.
- Resolve packaging related disputes with expert independent opinion.
- Identify contaminants and packaging structures.
- Comply with the requirements with respect to ink migration
Contact us for advice, information or a quote
Please browse through our services listed on the right. If you have questions or queries, please make contact with one of our experts. We are always happy to discuss your particular obectives and what might be required to achieve them,