This procedure has been designed to provide a standard set of tests to simulate e-commerce shipments containing individual retail pre-packaged products placed in a master shipping container, or over box. The test is used to evaluate the ability of the primary or secondary packaging to withstand damage from forces and other environmental conditions.
Packages will be subjected to a series of tests in accordance with the procedure. Tests may include:
- Atmospheric conditioning at ambient temperature / humidity
- Atmospheric conditioning at controlled temperature / humidity (optional)
- Shock testing via drop
- Random vibration testing with top load
- Shock testing via drop (including drop on hazard)
- Integrity testing via leak detection (for liquids only)
Types of packaging tested under this method
Individual packaged products (non-palletized) weighing 70 lbs (31.75 kg) or less when prepared for e-commerce shipment.
*Please Note: The information outlined above is to be used as reference for ISTA 6-Amazon.com-Over Boxing. Please refer to ISTA's website for current information on the proposed procedure.
For additional information, please contact one of our experts.
Contact Us >