This procedure has been designed to provide an additional battery of tests on top of ISTA 1B to understand individual package / product performance. Packages must not have been affected by shipment through the supply chain prior to testing in order to gather truly accurate data.
Packages will be subjected to the following tests (in order):
- Atmospheric conditioning at ambient temperature / humidity
- Compression conditioning by machine or static methods at a calculated test load / force
- Vibration testing using the fixed displacement method at 1 inch peak to peak at a predetermined frequency or the random method with an overall Grms level of 1.15
- Shock testing which can be conducted by drop (6 inches), incline impact (69 inches per second impact velocity) or horizontal impact (69 inches per second velocity change)
- Shock testing using a rotational edge drop at 8 inches
Types of packaging tested under this method
- Individual packaging (non-palletized) weighing over 150 lbs (68 kg).
*Please Note: The information outlined above is to be used as reference for ISTA 1D. Please refer to ISTA's website for full details.
For additional questions, please contact our experts.
Contact us >