This procedure has been designed to provide an additional battery of tests on top of ISTA 1A to understand individual package / product performance. Packages must not have been affected by shipment through the supply chain prior to testing in order to gather truly accurate data.
Packages will be subjected to the following tests (in order):
- Atmospheric conditioning at ambient temperature / humidity
- Compression conditioning by machine or static methods at a calculated test load / force
- Vibration testing using the fixed displacement method at 1 inch peak to peak at a predetermined frequency
- Vibration testing using the random method with an overall Grms level of 1.15
- Shock testing which can be conducted by drop (6 inches), incline impact (69 inches per second impact velocity) or horizontal impact (69 inches per second velocity change)
Types of packaging tested under this method
- Individual packaging (non-palletized) weighing 150 lbs (68 kg) or less.
*Please Note: The information outlined above is to be used as reference for ISTA 1C. Please refer to ISTA's website for full details.
For additional questions, please contact our experts.
Contact us >