Webinar ran: May 2018
Download the recording and slides using the link at the bottom of the page
Non-intentionally added substances (NIAS) are chemical compounds that are present in a material but have not been added for a technical reason during the production process. Their presence in food contact materials is often challenging for food contact materials producers.
The webinar will cover:
- Definition - what are NIAS?
- Main elements of the regulations
- Identification and quantification of NIAS - key challenges for the food packaging industry
- Testing considerations: applying the correct procedures to identify unknown substances
- Toxicology Risk Assessments:
- What are these?
- What needs to be included to assess potential health risk associated with the final material or article in accordance with internationally recognised scientific principles.
Find out more:
Food Contact Services >