Ensuring that medical devices are safe is one of the key challenges facing medical manufactuers, with numerous areas which can potentially impact whether a device remains safe and fit-for-purpose:
- Product construction and performance: whether the device is fit-for-purpose
- Drug product: potential reactions with the device - resulting in leached contaminants which could be harmful to health
- Transportation: the impact of the supply chain on the product and its packaging
- Packaging: if the packaging is durable enough to keep the device both sterile and damage-free
- Long-term performance: how the operating environment will affect the performance of the device
The infographic is also available to download via the form below.
With world-leading expertise and comprehensive testing facilities, Smithers are able to provide expert assistance at every part of the medical device supply chain.
For more information:
Medical Device Testing >
Contact Us >
Our sister company Smithers Rapra provides extractables and leachables testing, material analysis and consultative support for the medical industry.
Smithers Rapra >