Webinar first run 21 September 2011.
"Package Testing / Distribution Testing for the FMCG Sector"
Presented by David Shires and James Raw
Cost competition and desire for environmentally sound packaging solutions continue to drive packaging reduction in the Consumer Packaged Goods sector. But it's a challenge to achieve this with retail efficiency drivers such as Far East sourcing and shelf-ready packaging simultaneously placing greater demands on packaging performance.
Smithers Pira experts David Shires and James Raw will advise on how you can harness laboratory based distribution testing to optimise your packaging. They will look at the common test standards and best practice methods, and how performance testing can deliver further value to the FMCG sector.
The webinar covers:
- Benefits of distribution testing (package testing)
- What's involved
- Overview and application of the main test standards
- Shortfalls of using the main test standards for the FMCG sector
- Concept and benefits of focused test methods
- Field auditing - data recorders
- Field auditing - observation
- Latest approaches to testing