Plastics in Contact with Food: New Updates and Ensuring Compliance
COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) 2015/174: Amendments and Corrections
- Six newly approved substances have been added
- The status of ten substance approvals has changed
- One substance has been deleted
DEADLINE 1 Jan 2016: New regime for testing
Verify your food products for compliance. On 1 January 2016, the new regime for testing of food contact material described in EU Regulation 10/2011 comes fully into force. After this date, any migration testing data used to support products on the market will have be in line with the requirements of this regulation.
Get Expert Support to Ensure Compliance
Smithers Pira's Food Conatct Experts can help you
- Migration testing to demonstrate compliance
If you currently have food products on the market, but haven’t verified their compliance against the new legislation, we can help.
- If you are unsure about legislation or your obligations
- Meet our experts in person
at the next Smithers Pira Food Contact conference: Global Food Contact, May 2015 Rome