Our exclusive content:
- Exclusive data forecasts future demand for all major coatings in paper and board packaging segmented by end-use application, and geographic markets
- Critical insight into the impact of sustainability criteria on coating technologies
- In-depth analysis of market shares for different application chemistries through to 2024.
What methodology is used?
This report is based on a new and in-depth primary research targeting key figures and organisations within the converting chain for coated paper and board packaging and food-service formats. Feedback from discussions with end users, raw material suppliers, coating suppliers, converters, and papermakers, was combined with an extensive survey of existing market data for this segment.
This was then combined with Smithers Pira’s existing database of statistics and trends in the global paper and packaging industry to produce an authoritative forecast for current and future growth by value and volume.
In addition to interviews the following resources were employed in the bespoke forecasting model used by Smithers Pira:
- Company websites and annual reports
- Conference briefings and presentations
- Confidential conversations with key individuals in related sectors
- Market reports
- Official government statistics, including Eurostat, and packaging trade organisation data
What will you discover?
- The current and future demand for functional and barrier coatings across 15 major paper and board end-use in packaging and food-service segments
- Quantitative analysis of how shifting consumer patterns, safety regulations, and market demand will impact 7 geographic regions and 16 key national packaging makers
- Exclusive data on the accelerating transition from solvent to water-borne application chemistries and key sector challenges
- Qualitative insight of how shifting brand owner initiatives will direct demand for the development and commercialisation of new barrier coating technologies – including micro-fibrillated cellulose and biopolymer blends.
Who should buy this report?
Paper and board coatings suppliers
Paper and board material manufacturers
Brand owners and packaging buyers
Packaging and coating machinery manufacturers
Private and public-sector industry consultants, investors, and analysts