Our exclusive content:
- An in-depth survey-led profiling of the top 20 technologies material suppliers, converters and brands can leverage to improve the sustainability of their packaging.
- Exclusive expert profiles of the impact and implementation of each of the technologies across the next 10 years.
- A comprehensive examination of the key trends and drivers that will underpin the future evolution of the sustainability agenda in packaging.
What methodology is used?
Ten-Year Forecast of Disruptive Technologies in Sustainable Packaging to 2028 is derived from an exclusive Smithers Pira Delphi-style interactive forecasting methodology.
Participants from across all stages of the packaging value chain and related sectors were selected and interviewed by Smithers Pira and asked to grade a comprehensive listing of over 100 disruptive technology trends on a decimal scale for key parameters. These results were then moderated through a team of both exterior experts and Smithers Pira’s analysts to identify and authoritatively rank the top 20 of these.
The selected topics were then subjected to an extensive course of secondary research – technology scoping scouting studies, company reports, government statistics and future policy publications, analyses from third-party scientific and public sector organisations, magazine and journal abstracts, conference presentations and papers, publications from international trade and manufacturer associations, and patent filings – and a second round of primary research. This was then distilled and is presented in a concise easy-to-use format, cross-referenced with Smithers Pira’s existing market data and technology profiling of the packaging and related industries.
What will you discover?
- Authoritative rankings for the top 20 technologies that will align the future of packaging with increasingly important sustainability targets.
- A comprehensive 10-year forecast for the implementation of each technology highlighting key business opportunities and its impact on different parts of the supply and value chains.
- Expert analysis, case studies and supporting data on the commercial opportunities generated by the green agenda.
Who should buy this report?
- Packaging converters
- Equipment/Machinery suppliers
- Raw material suppliers
- Packaging end users
- Industry consultants and analysts