The objectives of this project are to:
1. Quantify the market for direct to shape printing (volume and value), and forecast growth to 2024
2. Segment the market by ink type, substrate, product type, end-use application, and region
3. Explore pricing trends – such as ink costs, print job costs and speeds
4. Profile key players
5. Understand end-user preferences, unmet needs and pain points based on primary research
6. Analyse key drivers and trends – such as demand for personalisation
7. Identify potential inhibitors of market growth – such as perceptions of print quality
8. Investigate use of combinations of inks, coatings and substrates – for instance barriers and varnishes, laminates, plastic coated papers, adhesion etc.
9. Explore the regulatory landscape – such as printing for food packaging applications, recyclability requirements
10. Examine likely technology developments, and breakthroughs of cutting-edge technologies, to 2024.