This test method is used to evaluate how dynamic stresses associated with vibration affect filled shipping containers. The test procedures are designed to replicate vibration environments to estimate the damage, or lack of damage, present during shipping. As a result the performance of the shipping container and its interior contents can be evaluated.
The standard outlines four test procedures suitable for testing shipping containers of various forms, materials, configurations, sizes and weights. The procedures include:
- Method A1 -Repetitive vertical shock
- Method A2 –Repetitive rotary shock
- Method B – Single container resonance
- Method C – Palletized, vertical stack or unit load resonance
Types of products / packaging tested under this method
- Various shipping containers
*Please note that the above information is a summary of ASTM D999. Please refer to https://www.astm.org/Standards/D999.htm for full details.
For additional questions, please contact our experts.
Contact us >