Bev Page graduated in Mechanical Sciences at the University of Cambridge in 1956 and became a Chartered Mechanical Engineer in 1961.
In 1973 he was appointed General Manager of the National Can Corporation Skelmersdale (UK) factory which, in 1974, made the first commercial aluminium two-piece drawn and wall ironed (DWI) beverage cans in Europe. Following this, he set up factories for NCC in Germany, Italy and the UK to make two-piece DWI beer and beverage cans and in the Republic of Ireland to make easy-open ends.
In 1979 he joined Mardon Illingworth Ltd (now Impress Sutton) which in 1978 had made the first two-piece tinplate DWI food cans outside the USA. He was made Operations Director in 1981. He later became Development Director and retired in 1998 to become an independent packaging consultant.
He was Chairman of the (UK) Metal Packaging Manufacturers' Association from 1993 - 1995.