WHY BUY THIS TITLE?
- Latest update on existing technologies
- An ideal training tool
- Starting point for research into new technologies
- Introductions for newcomers to the industry
- Course material for print colleges
This thoroughly revised edition offers a detailed and accessible examination of the dynamics of prepress, providing you with a thorough grounding in each vital component. Completely updated to include the latest digital workflow technologies, it will guide you through the context of prepress within the industry at large, related hardware, software and techniques, the internet and the future of prepress.
A full glossary, index and bibliography detailing texts for further reading are provided.
Introduction to Prepress stands as both a general reference book for the industry, and as a technical handbook for students. Providing an overview of all aspects of the industry, this is the essential guide to prepress.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE
- Structure and organisation of the printing industry
- Handling of text/images
- Makeup, planning, assembly
- Proofing, print specifications, standardisation
- Computer-to-print and beyond